During the construction of the warehouse complex, it is necessary to take into account the growth of the flow of goods and the increase in the intensity of unloading in the future by 3-5 years. In this situation, it is obvious that if the UK is immediately built under the maximum needs of the company, then some of the space will not be realized for some time that will lead to a decline in the economic efficiency of the project.
To increase investment returns, it is customary to use the following methods of construction of the UK:
– The construction of the warehouse is gradually based on the increase in trade flow.
– Building a warehouse for the maximum flow of goods using the not involved warehouse areas for the sale of logistics services for the processing and storage of goods of other companies or companies.
It is advisable to use in bursts (gradually) to use the area "quantums".
The main advantages of the construction of the warehouse "bursts":
– during construction, the warehouse is equipped according to the needs of the company;
– Investments are distributed in accordance with the construction periods and the demand of the turnover;
– The functioning of the company focuses on achieving the main goal while you do not need to realize excess logistics planes.
Disadvantages when erecting a warehouse «bursts»:
– The construction of the warehouse «bursts» significantly increases the costs of implementing the project compared to its "one -time" construction;
– With delays during construction, a risk increases to increase the cost of the project;
– A high level of complexity in the management of goods is formed due to the lack of its own area for storage of speculative stocks.
This type of expansion of warehouse areas is favorable for companies with restrictions on investment resources and not planning to sell logistics services.
The construction of a warehouse for the maximum flow of goods is characterized by the construction of the complex at a time. Free warehouse areas are used to provide logistics services for storage, processing and delivery of cargo to other companies.
The main advantages of building a warehouse for maximum needs:
– Construction is carried out at fixed prices and in the exact time;
– High power of the UC allows us to eliminate periodic fluctuations in trade, as well as create speculative stocks of goods;
– Excess logistics capacities can be sold to various companies.
Disadvantages of the construction of the warehouse for maximum needs:
– If the logistics capacities are difficult to use, the use of investments is not in the optimal way;
– The need to sell unused logistics resources in conjunction with a plan for growing goods flows.